Film photographer vs digital?

I've just read an interesting interview with Keira Knightly and Patrick Demarchelier

Keira thinks photographers who started their career using film rather than digital have a better connection with their subject. They'd take a photo, and then carry on communication rather than peering into the small computer screen on their camera. It's not something I've ever thought about, but coming from someone who is photographed as much as Keira, I guess we have to give it some credence. I only use the cameras LCD screen to confirm my exposure, which has already been calculated but nothing wrong with a bit of confirmation (assumption is the mother of all...). Once the exposure is set, I don't bother reviewing my images until the lighting changes. I wonder if the same can be said of those reared on digital cameras, I'd love to know what you think. Do you have an opinion, did you (do you) shoot film, or have you noticed a change in the way a photographer interacts with you? 


keira interview
Click the image above to read the article


Comments

Popular Posts