Tonsils & Tinsel

Well it's been a busy few weeks, both personally and professionally. It all started with my wife & kids shooting off to France for a few days, taking a break away with her family over Half Term.

I dropped them off on the M25 to be collected by her parents (the motorway services I hasten to add, not the hard shoulder). I drove back to Bournemouth, through light snow, and had a hectic Saturday in the studio. The following week was also very busy, and as I was fending for myself the takeaway's of Ensbury Park and Winton were very busy. 

When the family returned, my son Danté had an appointment in Poole hospital to have his tonsils removed. He was a very brave boy, but did suffer for a couple of weeks. I took some time off to look after him, and even though he was obviously in a lot of discomfort, it was nice spending 1-1 time with him (without his little sister nattering in my ear non stop), and we had some good fun.


My boy Danté, just before his op.


I decided to make time to decorate the studio this week, and managed to prepare the walls and hang the lining paper. I'm really not the best (or most enthusiastic) at this diy thingy, but I gave it a good go. The problem is moving everything around, I had clients booked in for Wednesday & today so I've had to move all the furniture back, rehang the frames, set the studio lights back up, and so on. It seems to take longer doing this than actually decorating. I've got to move it all again next week to hang the wallpaper and paint. I live in the hope that it will look a bit better when I've finished, but I'm not entirely sure.

I've said goodbye to the 'Babyfolio' this week. I've been offering the Babyfolio for some years now, baby would be photographed at newborn-2 months, again around 6 months , and again at their first birthday, and Mummy would choose an image from each shoot to go into a black triple mount. It was very popular, but I decided to upgrade it. I've given it a more descriptive & apt name; 'Milestones, and the beautiful baby images are now mounted in a 24" x 12" black frame. You'll find more details here, and it's currently half price until Christmas.

Talking of Christmas, we've decorated our tree and the flashing lights are up, it'll be here before we know it. We've got some great Christmas offers this year, and there's already been a lot of interest. If you're thinking of giving a portrait gift to your loved ones this festive season, please check out our offers here, and book soon, don't leave it until the last minute.

Thanks for taking the time to read.



The 'Milestones' baby frame




Comments

Popular Posts