Chihuahua

It's been a busy few weeks of late, and I've much to share. There's been weddings, portraits, commercial work, events, and a very cute puppy called Charlie.

I first bumped into Charlie the Chihuahua (thank God for spell check) whilst dropping my kids off at school. Charlie's owner had previously visited the studio for family portraits, and her children go to the same school as my little angels, so when I saw Charlie I invited the little fella in for a quick portrait shoot. I'd just received delivery of a couple of beautiful wood effect floors (expensive photographic lino) and was keen to incorporate these in the shoot, along with a few crates I use as props. Charlie was an absolute star, and the resulting photos were fantastic.


The new floors are great for baby and toddler portraits in the studio, and combined beautifully with my vintage 'Boots' baby weighing scales. Young Jensen (see photo below) was so comfortable in the scales, he decide to have a little cat nap.


At the end of May, I persuaded (or perhaps bribed would be a better word) my lovely daughter Eleanor to have a portrait session at the nearby bluebell woods. It wasn't the easiest of shoots, coming after a hard day for her messing around at school, but she was a very good model. Bella the dog, and her brother Danté (my son that is, not the dog's brother), caused me more than a little distraction during the shoot, but it was all good fun. I'd photographed Eleanor at the same bluebell woods 4 years previous, so it was nice to see how she'd grown in those few short years, and these new photos are a valuable addition to the family archives.


Eleanor 2013 above, and back in 2009 below


I'm looking forward to Saturday's wedding at The Sandbanks Hotel with Amy & Lars, here's hoping for kind weather and a wonderful event.

Comments

Popular Posts