Romance

Valentine's Day yesterday, my lovely wife was very pleased with her flowers, and even happier with an extra couple of hours in bed whilst I fed and entertained the kids.

I've been meaning to drop a few leaflets off at Highcliffe Castle, along with a display wedding album for their prospective brides and grooms to view. It being Valentine's Day, and me and the wife having tied the knot at Highcliffe a few moons ago, I thought it would be nice to go together, and stroll lovingly hand in hand around the castle, reliving the happy memories of a wonderful day. Unfortunately, our children started half term yesterday, so the pleasant drive out to the castle turned into a 30 minute battle between siblings, and the stroll around the gardens turned into a mud splashing competition. We did have a lovely time on the beach, throwing stones for the dog to chase, and enjoyed a nice afternoon together. We even squeezed in time for a Guinness by a roaring log fire at The Lamb Inn in Winkton. The kids enjoyed a fruit shoot, whilst entertaining us with a tune or two on the piano, and the dog had a bag of crisps.

Before leaving for the castle, I decided it was time to refresh my window display, and romance being in the air I selected two beautiful wedding images.



I chose one of my favourite images from an intimate, and very romantic wedding I was fortunate enough to photograph in Italy. Kate & Simon, along with a few close family and friends, flew to the beautiful city of Firenze, and were married in the Sala Rossa. I'd spent the previous day checking out locations for the wedding photos. I was spoilt for choice with the beautiful architecture and public works of art, but also discovered a lovely old carousel. The next day, on route to the Cathedral, we stopped off at the carousel and the Kate & Simon loved it. We had a great 5 minutes taking photos whilst they whizzed around, enjoying the ride. The day ended with photographs of the couple kissing as the sun set upon the famous Ponte Vecchio, and with an impromptu 'first dance' under the stars in the Piazza della Signoria, with music kindly provided by talented street musicians.


The second image is from the wedding of Sarah & Pete at Highcliffe Castle, back in 2009. I remember Sarah's dress was hand made for her by her close friend, who was on hand to help her into it, and she looked stunning. After the ceremony, we headed down to the beach where we created the image below. I recall the day ending in the New Forest, at The Three Tuns Inn, with a truly spectacular sunset.


You can't beat a bit of romance.


Comments

Popular Posts